Medical and social expert commissions identify the first, second and third degree disability and the limitations of health conditions for children under the age of 18.
The causes of disability are identified by TSEK in relation to:
- Common disease
- labor injury
- occupational disease
- In connection with the abolition of the accident at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant
- Military service in the Chernobyl nuclear power plant
- Due to the tragic events of January 1990
- military service period
- military service duties (service duties)
- on being in the zone of military operations
- on the protection of the former USSR
- On the territorial integrity of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Disability degrees and level of special needs of children under the age of 18 are determined on the basis of the Disability and Special Needs Determination Criteria Statute, approved by Decision 413 of the Cabinet of Ministers of 30 December 2015.