1. A general understanding of targeted state social assistance (TSSA):
The targeted state social assistance is a state monthly allowance entitled to low-income families.
A low-income family means a family whose average monthly income is below the total requirement for each member of the family.
Requirement is that a statutory limit envisaged for each year to determine the TSSA.
Example: The average monthly income of a family of 4 people is 400 manats. The size of the need criteria for this family is 160* 4 = 640 manats as the limit of need criteria for 2020 is set at 160 manats. In this case, the family can be assigned TSSA in the amount of AZN 640-400=240 AZN.
Family is meant for persons who have a common affiliation with common households, which are related to kinship or other features defined by law.
Example 1: 1 household of 2 brothers consisting of 5 and 3 persons live together using gas, light and water meter. In this case, those living in the same house are considered as 1 family, and the number of family members is eight people.
Example 2: The father’s and his son’s families consisting of 2 and 4 persons live together in the house. However, they use separate gas, light and water meter. In this case, they are counted as 2 separate families, and the income of 2 families will be calculated separately when applied for TSSA.
Family's income includes all income derived from family members, whether acquired by ownership, property belonging to their family members, actual received alimony, credit, personal subsidiary farm (large and small horned cattle, poultry, bee family, etc.) money and natural form of income.
Social assistance is funded from the state budget.
Social assistance is set for 2 years from the 1st month of applying for it.
The disadvantaged family has the right to apply again for social assistance.
2. Families with the right to receive TSSA:
Low-income families with low monthly income that is doesn’t depend on them are entitled to a TSSA for the benefit of each member of the family (the criterion of need is 143 manats).
The causes of law income that do not depend on person include:
- Person’s disabilitiy;
- Person constituting as labor pensioner;
- A person takes care of person with a first group disability, a child under the age of eighteen, or a disabled child under the age of 18;
- If person at the age under 23 is studying;
- Registration of a person by the local state body of the State Employment Service as an unemployment due to dismissal caused by closure of a state body or a legal entity, or due to the number of employees or staff reduction;
- Person’s deprivation of liberty.
Low-income families receive targeted state social assistance in the amount of difference between the need criteria and the average monthly income.
3. Family members who are not included in the family when determining TSSA:
When determining UDS, the following family members are not included in the family and TSSA is not paid for them:
- persons in state care (children's homes and boarding schools, elderly, disabled or boarding houses for children with disabilities, persons living in special education institutions);
- persons who are in the regular military service;
- persons sentenced in penitentiary institutions;
- persons at large;
- Citizens of the Republic of Azerbaijan who do not live in the territory of the Azerbaijan Republic;
- foreigners (except for permanent residents in the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan).
Example: A family of 6 people includes one person in the regular military service and one person in a children's home. The average monthly income of this family is 400 manat. Therefore, these 2 will not be considered as family members and the size of family members' needs criteria (6-2)*160=640 manats will be determined. In this case, the family can be assigned a TSSA amounted 640-400=240 AZN.